Re:quest for an audio interface for laptop music applications

from you're list I'd go for the Lexicon.
At least the company has high end audio experience.
When a company has already invested a lot of research and development
time for their top studio products, it doesn't hurt them to use that
knowledge
in their "budget" gear.
M-Audio have a good reputation for gear that works well.

>Any other products I didn't even think about?

http://www.focusrite.com/productdetails.asp?id=38&iRange=5

Focusrite Sapphire, :-(   a bit pricey tho'.

The M-Box has Focusrite pre-amps which will sound great,
but I don't remember if the M-Box only runs with the Pro-Tools software.

If you care about the sound quality, it's probably the mic-pres which
will make  the most difference.

andy butler