Re: can u run multiple sooper loopers?

On Oct 25, 2005, at 18:14, Jeff Larson wrote:

> So, I believe there is no reason why properly written software
> cannot compensate
> for MIDI latency during *recording*.  Triggering of loops for
> playback is a
> completely different problem and I won't bore everyone with the
> details
> (unless I'm asked :-).

Thanks. Very interesting post, all of it!

The OS X looping plug-in Musolomo has a smart way of compensating for
the musicians bad timing when hitting the MIDI button that does trig
recording (or other actions). Here are two scenarios and smart
software implementation inspired by Musolomo:

1) The musician is a bit late to stomp the Record Button:
The plug-in is constantly recording into a buffer and if recording is
triggered closely after a quantize position the plug-in starts to
record a bit late while adding from the buffer the audio thus missing
from the beginning of the file.

2) The musician is a bit early:
The common scheme; software waiting in the correct moment to fulfill
the action.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)