Re: main difference betwween Moebius and Ableton Live

On Oct 26, 2005, at 19:54, sonic steph wrote:

> As trying softwares takes always a long time, I would like to know
> about the main difference between Moebius and AL, talking about
> live experience..
> What I need:
> real-time,

Both M and AL are probably "real-time", but the answer is up to what
you mean with "real-time".

> overdubs,

The very essence of M.
Not possible in AL. AL draws on the concept of recording many loops
and having them play back as they were recorded, or mangled by
inserted effects. You can not overdub many layers into a loop, only
record many parallel loops - but that may give similar results.

> several loops and possibility to switch from one to another,

You can do that in both appl's.

> the possibility to use Vst intruments

Easy in AL. AL has two kind of channels with associated sequencer-
and mixer tracks: (1) MIDI and (2) Audio. To play a VSTi you open it
on a MIDI Track and play a MIDI keyboard.

M can not host VSTi.

> and all that control with a midi pedal board (I guess the behringer
> one)

Possible with both M and AL.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen