Re: new tunes

Hi there,

Okay, i'll bite. If anyone had asked me to name the least-likely-
to-be-looped instrument and possibly the least-likely-to-be-looped
music I might've said it would be something like mountain dulcimer
and old Shaker hymns. There! I said it. But what you've done sounds
quite fine and rather more interesting than just the novel material
"Simple Gifts" and instumentation (so stated) would suggest.

The other tune on there, "The Gorge," sounds like dulcimer doing
vaguely Balinese gamelan type music along with some digeridoo ---
at least it starts out that way. Quite nice. Seems like there might be
a some guitar in there too . . . and Tabla. You ought to pester Rick
Walker to let you come down to Santa Cruz next year and perform.

Heck if you have a penchant for hymnody, I kicked off my Y2K3 set
this year with a brief quote ofJean  Sibelius "Finlandia" -- which in a
completely different context is also the white-bread protestant hymn
"Be Still My Soul."

It takes all sorts to make a world an you'll find many of them in the
"looping community" as well. Welcome aboard.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???