Re: Funny "Experimental" Music Experiences This Week

I would have loved to hear the chainsaw story.
I love the random when it enters music and truly believe that we can
recontextualize anything into music if we try hard enough.
Well, maybe not anything...............a heckling, belligerent drunk is
dangerous to include in your loops...........lol.

I have a couple of experiences like that:

At the last 2nd Sundays Live Looping Series that I played at,  I was doing
sensitive piece for
kalimba in 6/8 when they fired up the loud disco in the Blue Lagoon right
under our floor.

In came the throbbing 4/4 bass...................really loud and the room
below......................in a perfect polyrhytyhmic four pulse
to my loop (which at the time was a line 6 loop)................i'll be
damned if it didn't stay in sync for the better part
of the piece....................there was nothing to do but play do this
throbbing bass beat which I did, and then ended
my concert immediately after I finished the piece.

Also, in Japan,  I began my last show and there was suddenly a loud
clicking
noise that was repeating in the rhythm of a samba bass line.
||: X**XX**XX**XX**X :||      Try as I may, I could not locate the
|offending
sound and figured that my poor abused Mackie 1402
had finally bit the dust.     So I just announced to the crowd (most of
whom
could not understand my english at all) that I was just going to have
to make my whole show be based off of that rhtyhm.    I did a faux
industrial beatbox rhythm over that bizarre ostinato and did my first
piece.
Mercifully, I discovered that one of my two blow channels in the board had
come unmuted and I was able to finish the show with my own
decisions about rhythm.    It's wierd though..............the preamps are
blown in channels one and two of my board and each channel makes
a loud repetitive clicking sound..............one is just like a quarter
note,   the other is that infernal samba rhythm....................why
would
that happen?

Lastly,  in one of my gigs,  a very loud ambulance siren occured just as I
was making a long loop............................it got recorded into my
sensitive
AKG C1000s mics and miraculously was perfectly in key with the song I was
beginning to loop.   The audience cracked up and I left it in the piece
for
the duration.