Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

Stephen,

> Seems to me like you wouldn't be able to distinguish a sawtooth from a
>sine from a
> square wave if you only sampled at twice the highest frequency.

Surely sound waves are always sine waves? The electronic pulse that
generates the
sound may be square or triangular or sawtooth or whatever, but the actual
sound that
comes out of a loudspeaker or musical instrument is always a sine wave. Or
rather a
multitude of sine waves superimposed on each other as fundamentals and
harmonics. The
sound reflections of room ambience are again just a whole bunch more
little sine
waves. So a sampler, even if it only has two points on a wave, can still
'guess' the
full waveform as it will always be a sine.

--

  Ian Petersen