From: ArsOcarina@aol.com [mailto:ArsOcarina@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:46 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: concert nostalgia and name-dropping

Hi all,

Some of you all may groan at what i'm about to say. Perhaps I say it 'cause I never opened for Santana (or Cher) or anyone else most folks have heard of. So, y'all can take the following with a grain of salt.

I can die a happy man (please, not soon though Lord, I hope) because I've "opened" for . . . or shared a stage with . . . folks that next to nobody outside of this list (comparatively) have really ever heard of.

It has been my sincere and great privilege to know and to have heard play live and up close . . . in no particular order other than the randome firings of these old synapses in abjsect gratitude:

Rick Walker
Bill Walker
Kris Hartung
Michael Klobuchar
Stan Card
Max Valentino
Matthias Grob
Bernhard Wagner
James Sidlo
Warren Sirrota
Mark Hamburg
Steve Lawson
Matt Davignon
Ryusei Hattori
Dan Soltzberg
Jon Wagner
Richard Zvonar
Amy X Nueberg
Andre LaFosse
Zoe Keating
Hans Lindauer
Wayne Jackson
George Demarest
Brian Kenny Fresno
John Whooly
Gareth Whittock
Kid Beyond
Kitundu
Sunao Inami

. . . and a whole lot more whom you'll have to forgive me for not mentioning.

Just 'cuz y'all weren't music idols whose names were writ large across the national consciousness and musical landscape doen't mean that someday some old geezer (me, hopefully) will not fondly "remember when" back to the halcyon days of  the ''80s, 90s and '00s (zeros?) when looping way still relatively new (and nobody knew which way it'd go) all of these people were actually inventing different little bit's of it's vernacular language.

And lets not forget our LD list host/moderator Kim Flint. I've never heard him play. I don't know what he plays, in fact. But he's responsible for the creation of this forum and community and had no small part in making the EDP what it 's been. The very idea kicks my ass whenever I think of it.

Y'all have a great holiday season . . . whichever holiday it is (or none) and may we all have a great 2006 to look forward to.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???