OT: Climate Changes

This is so off topic as to defy rational justification
except that it affects many of the live loopers
in Western Europe and the British Isles:

I was talking with Luis Angulo (who is here visiting his family
in San Diego from Northern Europe) and he told me that
they had 3 solid weeks without seeing the sunshine in Radolfzell
(by the Boden Zee).   I had also heard from Andy Butler mentioning
that England was having a particularly severe winter this year.

Anyway,  my wife found this fascinating flash demonstration of
why global warming is having the effect of much colder winters
for Western Europe and the British Isles.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/gulf_stream_climate.swf

The Gulf Stream coming up from the equator actually raises the
air temperature of those regions by an astonishing 18 degrees Farhenheit
and 10 degrees Celsius.

Researchers have discovered that the circulation of the currents have
slowed
a dismaying 30% over the last 12 years due to global warming trends.

Maybe this can lead to a discussion of how weather effects our creativity.

I've often wondered if   Per Boysen, as an example, is more or less
creative/prolific
when there is very little sun in the winter or when there is a lot of sun
in
the summer.

I know I write much, much more in the winter than in the summer.