Re: laptop based loopers/effects for live

On 29 dec 2005, at 19.06, mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:

> I haven't done a gig with a computer yet, but I was thinking if it
> crashed
> during a gig I would say, "I'd like to dedicate to this next one to
> Bill
> Gates...it's John Cage's '4 minutes and 33 seconds'."

Ha, ha... that's a cool take ;-)

I'm yet to have my first "audio glitch" with a computer but four
weeks ago I had a serious Mind Glitch resulting in me starting the
gig in the wrong preset (Möbius in laptop). I did a looping-free
intro with down-pitched flute (aka "bass") and landed on a riff I
thought would be a great bass line (type "Black Market" / Weather
Report) to loop as a ground to start building from. I kicked the
Record button in the belief that I was in Record Toggle mode - but I
wasn't, this preset was in Record Sustain Mode. Ahrrrrgh. So instead
of the groovy bass line I was suddenly chocked by this machine gun
like bass hit blasting out the PA speakers: DOH-DOH-DOH-DOH.... etc
etc. Loud and never-ending. Sudden Glitch Of Mind. I kept on playing
and looping "differently" from there, pretending it was all cool and
experimentally edgy  ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)