RE: Digitech Jamman vs Boss Loopstation vs Extreme Negativity

Well, quick reality check here (and not to take anything away from
Bernhard's idea), but let's also give credit where credit is due:
there are a huge number of innovative, responsible, and friendly
developers who DO listen patiently to our incoherent (and
occasionally insane) rantings here in this community, then take those
suggestions back and use them to improve their products.  Just to
name a few: Kim Flint and Matthias Grob (not to mention Andy Butler)
who developed the software running the EDP; Jeff Larson, developer of
the Mobius VST; Os, creator of Augustus Loop; Sooperlooper's
architect, Jesse Chappell; Bob Amstadt is not only active and
listening here, but is using two longstanding members -- Steve Lawson
and Rick Walker -- as the sole alpha testers on his new Looperlative
device.

While the Electrixpro guys aren't on LD, their R&D team actively
solicited user feedback from the Repeater list -- which includes a
whole lot of LD members -- for the feature set of the upcoming (yes,
I'm still optimistic) Repeater Mk2.  Similarly, individuals like Per
Boysen and Douglas Baldwin regularly pen gear reviews that take our
concerns back up to the exec staff of many music corporations.

And Gods, I must be forgetting at least a dozen other individuals who
are here, listening, and developing products based on our feedback
(sorry guys -- please blame it on my swiss-cheese memory, rather than
any concerted effort to exclude anyone).

I agree that there are companies out there that never pay any
attention to the explicit needs of their user base, then promote
crappy products out into the marketplace.  I do NOT want to let them
off the hook.

But at the same time, let's give some recognition to the folks out
there who *are* listening.  The ones who take the suggestions we're
giving them, then use that feedback to come out with new and exciting
tools for us to use, abuse, and take our music into wonderful and
previously undreamt of directions.

Thanks a lot, fellas.  We may gripe a lot, but we really do
appreciate your efforts...

        --m.