Fwd: RE: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE STATE OF THE LOOP

I feel the same way Ted,i go through periods of time
turning on my looping devices and concentrating on
my
playing or songwritting,ive done a couple of gigs
where in the first set i just played and sang with
my
acoustic guitar and during the second included
looping, as i asked a couple of people said they
liked
the first set better!The other time an older guy
came
up to me and said hey i liked your playing but some
of
it didnt seem real when u were playing to those
recordings;-)in the end people care less about all
of
this gizmos really!
i just discovered an acoustic guitarrist named Jon
Gomm and i was floored when i found out he doesnt
loop
because this guy is amazing,he does
melody,rythm,drums,solos and sings as if he was
looping but all done without it,this gave me an idea
to try using looping also as a practice tool to
analize and play simultaneous things without
looping...
Luis

www.luis-angulo.com