Re: LONG LIVE the EDP and the LOOPERLATIVE was: edp R.I.P...long live the looperlative

With respect Kris, and please forgive me if I've forgotten details of your
instances of sooperlooper going to replace your edp's.  Per was good enough
to turn me on to this, and I've been happy ever since.  I would never sell
my edp's and would love to try a looperlative, but at least regarding your
number one concern below, I've shared it and been very happy at how I was
able to solve it, thanks to jesse's program.

All best,

Todd

On 1/26/06 2:47 PM, "Kris Hartung" <khartung@cableone.net> wrote:

> Well said, Rick.
>
> I can't speak for anyone else but myself here, but below are the reasons
>why
> I am seriously considering selling my two EDPs and controller (soon and
>for
> a decent price) and buying a Looperlative (and it's not just because it's
> the newest and sexiest looping device in the market and I'm being
>seduced by
> its novelty). Maybe these points will resonate well with some of you out
> there, not sure.
>
> 1. Ever since I bought my EDPs, I have been frustrated by the fact that
>they
> are mono, and thus running stereo takes up two rack spaces. I have a bad
> back, and even underwent back surgery over the holidays, and anything I
>can
> do to reduce my rack size and weight is a plus. The EDPs aren't exactly
> light either. The fact the Looperlative is stereo and a single space is
> probably the #1 seller for me
>
> 2. Believe it or not, even though I do play some wild experimental and
> avant-garde music at times, I don't really use the full capabilities of
>the
> EDPs....I'm sort of simple-minded that way. As I told Rick in a personal
> email this morning, I basically use Record, Overdub, Multiply, Reverse,
>Half
> Speed, Mute, and on occasion I hit Record after Multiplying to redefine
>the
> length of a loop in order to generate a timed-signatured loop out of a
>non
> time-signatured loop.  I never use quantize, substitute, or anything that
> requires MIDI synchronization, and I don't really feel the need to start
> using these features. The Looperlative seems to be able to pull off these
> first five or six basic EDP features, which means it will suit my needs.
>
> 3. The more I think about it, the more I believe that having 8 separate
> loops is more beneficial for the type of music I play, which is often
>very
> abstract or complex, involving a lot of layers, etc. Being able to
>control
> the feedback and volume of 8 separate loops would truly complement the
>style
> of music I'm trying to play.  Would any of you who have heard my music
>agree
> with this?
>
> 4. I love the fact that Bob will be providing software updates for the
> Looperlative....I think this is really up with the times of modern
> technology. And the fact that I can use my computer and an Ethernet
>cable, I
> find very attractive.
>
> 5. I like the idea of being a part of the development team, as in being
>able
> to provide input and feedback that will influence the design of the
>product.
> [...]

-----
³Virtue is just repression waiting to go bad² - Trevor Exter

³Classical music is related to the past more than it is related to the
creative part of sound² - Ornette Coleman
------
Todd Reynolds
42-09 47th Ave 1C
Sunnyside, NY  11104