Re: Looperlative - Max Time?

 Dear Kim,   your points about just recording the whole process
as opposed to saving specific loops is really well taken and the
only answer I have for you is that, imperfect as it is,  I don't do
this a lot merely for the sake of lack of time in setting up and having
to take even more gear.

Adding that laptop with the breakout box to record everything is another
small load from the car and another 10 minutes of dicking around tacked
onto
my already too long setup (and ask poor Steve Lawson who had to share
the small  Looperlative booth with me at NAMM with my 'minimal' setup how
much
gear that is.........lol).

It's imperfect but I was grateful at the end of the tour that I saved a
dozen
loops from it.

Many of them I couldn't even remember the specific concerts from which
they
came
but was really pleasantly surprised to rediscover them.

Also,  one thing I love to do is to take a loop and then really freak it
out
with many different
VST plugins that I have (including things that radically repitch or
slice/dice and rearrange
the loop) to create new loops.

I've been thinking seriously of doing a record project this next year
called
PLAIGARISM where I will just go back over my recorded output over the last
25 years and 'steal' from myself to create new music that is really
different from the
actual things that came out originally.    It's like doing a remix record
of
oneself
where the expressed purpose is NOT to create new versions of tunes but to
create completely
new tunes with material.

I did a fascinating and fun record a few years back with Michael Haumesser
(Not Michael) and Ken Lee
called Thr-3-mix  where we each created one piece of
music..............sent
the others all
the components of the each piece (without sending the final piece) and
have
the others make
a brand new piece of music using only the elements of the piece.

It's available as a free download if you are interested at:

www.notnoise.com

You have to get to it with two clicks from there  but it's such a
beautiful
and creatively minimal website I wanted everyone
to experience it directly

Along with a beautiful abstract electronica pop project called 'Tongue
Tongue'
 that my wife,  Chris Wedertz also did with Michael.

I've often thought of suggesting that idea to the people at the CT
Collective as a way to create a new CD.

Michael is an amazing artist who does creative work that has inspired me
all
my life.  He just moved back
to the Santa Cruz area after living in Rhode Island for a long time.
Check his site out.