Re: Mobius on Windows vs. SooperLooper on Linux

On 29 jan 2006, at 22.09, Kevin wrote:

> Has anyone done a performance comparison between Mobius on Windows
> and SooperLooper on Linux for equivalent hardware?

I have only tried SoolerLooper in the AU plug-in version for OS X and
that's probably not the same as the Linux vesion. But I have been
using Mobius a lot lately and can only say that it's working
perfectly over here. I also own an EDP and have been using the
Electrixpro Repeater. I prefer Mobius because of the stereo recording
and the option of running many parallel loops in a poly rhythm context.

> I'm thinking of stability,

Never have any crashes at all with Mobius. But nothing ever crashes
on that laptop anyway. I do not use it for mail, photoshop or
anything. It is dedicated for audio. And it is a machine that does
meet the specs suitable for audio work. I'm running XP pro, also set
for audio work. Link tip: http://www.musicxp.net/

> low latency

Not an issue. Mobius compensates for that when looping.

> and speed.

I don't understand this question? "Speed"? If you mean "booting up
time" that's about a second for Mobius.

> I'm looking at gear I may be able to repurose or even repackage
> into a rack mount as special-purpose.

Maybe a rack mountable PC would do the trick? But then there is also
the screen to take care of. I prefer to keep hardware in a rack and a
laptop in a safe backpack. The laptop connects through USB MIDI and
FW audio cable when setting up the rig.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)