Digital Recorders Was: Alesis Masterlink on Sales via eBay

>From: "Kris Hartung" <khartung@cableone.net>
>...I'm looking for something more portable, proably the Marantz
>portable solid state recorder that can record directly to wav or MP3
>and on a memory card...

Yikes!  Don't buy anything with the Marantz name on it!  They have
_terrible_ quality control problems!  Your mileage may vary, but
everyone I know who's bought Marantz stuff has had problems with it.

For info on other solid-state recorders check out links to these blogs:

NAMM: Edirol's R-09 -- SD-based, Portable USB Recorder
http://www.createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1130&Itemid=44

Which Portable Recorder to Buy?
http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=723&Itemid=44

On-the-move recording: Some cheap/ugly alternatives?
http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2005/09/on-move-recording-some-cheapugly.html

These being blogs, you need to follow all the links and read all the
comments but you knew that, didn't you? ;-)

Cheers,
Kevin
www.TheNettles.com