RE: Patent law

Wow, do I feel dumb. That thing is like Greek to me. I guess it must be
some
combination of the requirements of the patent application and the desire to
be as broad as possible in the claims that makes these things so hard to
read.

If I were to just read the abstract, I would guess that this is about
"manually"-controlled "scratching" or "scrubbing" of audio buffers for
playback, like you would have with a digital turntablist. But the body of
the application seems to touch on so many areas that it casts my
interpretation of the abstract into doubt.

Emmanuel, I know that the patent is the legally binding document and that
nothing that you would say here could *change* the meaning of the written
word, but if you would care to clarify for dummies like me just what it is
that's being patented here, I think I wouldn't be the only one who would
appreciate it.

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota