Re: [LOOP] Re: Roland VG8

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Luis Angulo wrote:

> what i am really curious about is the tracking and
> sound of the bass patches vs the GR--33,anyone?

Luis:

I have a Chapman Stick and a 6-string fretless bass, both with GK
pickups, a GR-30, and a Roland V-Bass.

The GR-30 and GR-33 take the signal from the GK pickup, convert to MIDI,
then use that MIDI information to trigger the patches.

The VG-8, VG-88, and V-Bass take the signal from the GK pickup and act as
a large digital modeling stompbox. There's no MIDI involved in the VG-8,
so no tracking issues.

I can't speak as to the relative sound of the bass patches on the GR-33
versus the VG-8, as I haven't spent much time with them, and that not
recently so I honestly don't remember if I liked the GR-33 sound or not.

I hope this helps.

best,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html