New electronic wind instrument mailing list "ewind"

I just started a new electronic wind instrument mailing list at
http://ax.to/ewind (shorthand for
http://groups.google.com/group/ewind).

It's for discussing Akai EW/VIs, Yamaha WXs, Casio DH-100s, Lyricons,
Synthaphones and any other electronic instrument that you blow into.

I was an active member of WIND-L during its heyday about a decade ago
and appeared on the wind instrument lists's CD collection.(*)  It
vanished, I don't remember the circumstances, time for a new one.

In particular, the impending release of the new Akai EWI 4000s
http://www.ewi-evi.com/4000s.htm is sure to give us something to talk
about.  I'm a WX-7 player myself but this is the first EWI-style
instrument that makes me want to step over the aisle, with a
sophisticated synthesizer on board the actual instrument itself (as
well as lots of other cool features).

Please forward this announcement to any lists you feel are appropriate.

    /t

--
(* -- that self-same tune just appeared at random out of my 5000 or so
tunes as I wrote this which is pleasantly synchronistic --

http://ax.to ... extreme NY arts and music calendar