Re: laptop albums?

How about some Fenesz? I think his album Venice is pretty fantastic, but it took me some time to come around. I also really appreciate Fourtet's Rounds, his album Pause before that was a favorite of mine for a while. Some of Greg Davis's work on his own is quite good. Curling Pond Woods is nice. Not sure if it's made on a laptop, but I really enjoy the album Rideau by the band .Tape. At least it is in the same vein. I could go on here...

For lack of a laptop, I make my music on a desktop, and find the computer pretty much indispensible. The few times I played with real musicians in the last two years I felt pretty much lost, and I'd have no idea how to "write" a song at this point... recording bit-by-bit (no pun) on the computer makes the process much more generative in my experience. My stuff is pretty straightforward compared to these guys, but feel free to check out my site at www.chrisbellexperience.com (once it comes back on line, which is hopefully by Monday but who knows, apparently I let my domain registration lapse).