Looping AABA tunes (Was: How do YOU loop?)

At 07:23 AM 2/12/2006, Andy wrote:
>The "big problem" with looping is to combine some sort of ABC type
>structure with loops that have a number of overdubs. After the A is
>built up, it usually sounds like an anticlimax to start a B part
>from nothing. There's no looping device available to let you keep
>the rhythm from the A part going as you  start to record the B part.

I play tunes that have AABB or AABA structure.  What I'd like to do
is something like this live:

1. Put down a 2-4 bar groove.

2. Multiply the groove and overdub the head of the AABA tune.

3. Overdub the chord changes.

4. Put in rhythm fills every 8 bars and on the turnaround.

5. Here's the tricky part: With one pedal press, undo #2 _only_ and
go into overdub to start soloing over the tune.

I can do each of the steps above on the EDP except for the last one.

Is anybody doing anything like this?  If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks,
Kevin
www.TheNettles.com