RE: Guitar Craft

>> learning to be present is far more important than any musical technique.
Only being present enables you to truly listen to the other musicians while
you play.

> Obviously, you also learn to write like Robert Fripp

:-)  no. Then I would have used Roman paragraph numbers, I., II., III., IV.
to state my point :-)

That presence thing was not invented by Robert. It is central for all
teachings that deal with consciousness and reality. Bennett and Gurdijeff
(Robert's teachers) taught it but they learned it from Buddhism and the
Sufis. It simply means that you have to be awake, not busy with
daydreaming,
in order to be a good musician and to live a real life. Of course this is
only the beginning.

-Michael
www.michaelpeters.de