Re:Re: Looper's Essential Infinite Sustain

Infinite guitar sustain

>  From what he's said, there are some electronics that do the same
> job as standing in front of a very loud amp and controlling the
> feedback (like Fripp on "Heroes") that produces infinite sustain,
> as opposed to alternating magnets vibrating the strings, which is I
> think other devices get huge sustain.

I think I saw a description once.
One of the guitar pickups is run "in reverse".
i.e. the amplified guitar signal is sent to the pick-up, which
vibrates the string.

I don't know if you need a special pickup for this, but certainly
some regular pickups would burn out rather quickly.

If that's right, it would be a fixed position ebow.

andy butler