Re: Faux Stereo Looping

From: "hazard factor" <artists@hazardfactor.com>
> I just have 1 EDP, but sometimes I dump the mono loop to PC, and start
> tracking overtop. I know nothing quite sounds like a stereo loop, but any
> tricks with manipulating mono loops in editing software to give that mono
> loop more depth? I mean, I can copy and paste and slightly delay, but
>that
> isn't quite right. Any plug-ins (PC) that anyone uses? I have been
>happily
> just using mono loops, but longer ones might need a little bit more
> movement
> L & R.

Having played a lot with the old Sound-on-Sound settings on old Sony
reel-to-reels (none of which I ever owned, alas!) in the 70s whenever I
encountered them, I remember recognizing the onboard delay between left
and
right channels as the same I heard from Fripp's use of a pair of Revoxes.
I've never really been happy trying to replicate that delay with boxes or
software, as there was always 'something' different from what I remembered.

Perhaps it's the difference between a tape effect and a synthesized one?
Stephen Goodman

* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack
* The Loop Of The Week since 1996!