The bulk of the planning for the festival is now complete, which includes the following:

Date: April 28-29
Venue: The Visual Arts Collective art gallery (located in Boise's Linen District) - http://www.visualartscollective.com/
Event Description:

The Boise Experimental Music Festival (BEMF) is a first-of-its-kind event for Boise and the surrounding Treasure Valley. This program features twelve creative music performances that fall into the experimental, avant-garde, or free improvisation music genres.  The festival will provide a new and exciting experience to Boise’s music and art enthusiasts by bringing together a unique community of musicians and artists, integrating music performance with short experimental film and video, graphics art, and performance art. The Boise Experimental Music Festival will be held at the Visual Arts Collective gallery, Boise’s premiere venue for unique art forms that push the boundaries of imagination.

Festival Website: http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental (includes artist biographies, current schedule, venue information, genre sound samples, etc)
Sponsors:

·         Visual Arts Collective – http://www.visualartscollective.com/

·         The Boise Weekly - http://www.boiseweekly.com

·         AudioLab Sound Recording - http://www.audiolab.org/

·         The Boise Co-Op - http://www.boisecoop.com/

·         3 Shapes Aikido  - http://www.3shapesaikido.com/

·         Boise Community Radio - http://www.radioboise.org/

·         Good Boy Rufus Custom Design Services - http://www.goodboyrufus.com/

Ticket Sales

Ticket sales will be through Select-a-Seat (exact ticket price to be announced), but also available at the door

Music Performers
  • Rick Walker (Headliner from Santa Cruz, CA)
  • Lumper/Splitter (Headliner from Oakland, CA)
  • Ted Killian & Jeff Kaiser (Headliners from Medford, OR and Ventura, CA)
  • Bonefish Sam & His Power Orchestra (Headliner from Boise)
  • Krispen Hartung & Jared Hallock (Boise)
  • She Blows Neon (Alejandro Anastasio, Sensei) (Boise)
  • The Rex-X-Ray Band (George McLean & Nate Paradis) (Boise)
  • LINDA (Boise)
  • The Sly Brothers (Boise)
  • Unicorn Feather (Boise)
  • Jeff Rice & Ted Apel (Boise)
  • Gretchen Jude (Boise)
Experimental Film/Video Producers (confirmed)
  • Michael Peters (Germany)
  • Nico Spahni (Switzerland)
  • Tarey P. (Boise)
  • Krispen Hartung (Boise)