Re: in praise of EDP

I recently purchased a Bose PAS system

weg.....how do you like it?

I was hoping I would not like it at that price!  I got it on the 45 day trial since it isn't sold anywhere around Charleston, WV where I live.  My wife noticed the sound immediately and told me how much better she thought it sounded.  I am convinced so far not to send it back.  I tried it in a small room and loved it.  I took it to a larger room with high ceilings and felt confident that it was performing as described.  I use a Godin Multiac Steel through a GR33 into my Explorer (EDP-Lex.MPX110-Elec.Repeater) and had previously used a Fender Acoustisonic amp supplied by the room with a mic on the speaker.   The recording engineer (also the drummer) noticed I was not coming through the mic as loud as usual but when we listened to the recording I was right there easily heard.  I then told him that I was using the Bose which was 12 feet away from the amp mic, we were all impressed with the sound dispersion.  I've also tried my GNX3 through it and felt it sounded better through the Bose.  Another aspect is the weight,  I'd much rather carry the Bose.  I purchased the heavier base case with wheels in an attempt to help save my 46 year old back.  I was carring a Mesa Boogie DC5 and a Carvin acoustic amp and wanted to cut back.  I like the Bose but it could not replace a mesa and I really like the Carvin but the Bose blows it away. I love tube amps by the way, I own several Mesa's and Fenders and Ampegs but I hate to carry them anymore.  The Bose seems to do just what it says.  I've tried hooking a Mackie 1604 with drum machines, synths, acoustics and voices going through it.  Once I got it adjusted it sounded pretty good through the Bose, another reason to keep it....  On a small show that is all I think I'll need but on a large stage I'll be forced to bring it and the Mackie SRM450s too.  I doubt I'll need anything else for a while if ever.  The other guitarist in the rock band is thinking of getting one too so we can run stereo, we'll see!  Oh and I have not taken it off the flat response setting yet to try out the other presets.....  Just lazy I guess....

If anyone has specific questions let me know and I try it out.

Weg