Re:Re: Best Cheap Guitar Synth

hi Kevin,

That's a small budget for guitar synthing.

You want a guitar to midi thing?
...or synthy sounding FX?

If you can find a used Yamaha G-50 then that will do a fair job of
converting a regular guitar into MIDI, allowing you to plug into any
midi controlled synth you like. ( won't do chords without the hex p/u
of course).
Then , of course, you don't have much budget left over for a synth :-(

It's designed by the guys who make the Axon gear,  so I guess some
Axon stuff also
has the mono input, but I've seen the Yamaha going cheap (and bought one)

If you aren't into the midi thing, then running your guitar into a
distortion followed by a filter of some kind will do rather nicely if
the Electro Harmonix stuff is too pricey.

andy butler
www.andybutler.com