Re: Laptop Set-up...

At 3:39 PM -0500 3/21/06, mizfeldman@bluefrog.com wrote:

>anyway, i'm very interested in the nearly-exhausted thread about
>laptops/audio interface options.  would anyone like to post their
>current live performance laptop setup, for comparison purposes?

Laptop Setup #1:

        Chapman Stick (10-string Polycarb or 12-string Maple Grand)
        Sustainiac Model 'C' Feedback Sustainer
        12" Powerbook 1.5 Mhz, 2 Gigs RAM (running Ableton Live 5)
        Edirol FA-101 Audio Interface
        M-Audio DPM-3 Preamp
        Art TCS Dual Optical/VCA Compressor
        TC Electronic Powercore Firewire
        Lexicon Vortex w/ Proel exp. pedal
        Keeley-modified Boss Blues Driver
        Yamaha Magic Stomp
        Crate SM2-SRS
        Digitech PMC-10 Footcontroller w/ EV-5 exp. pedal

(Soon to be added here: Roland VG-8 + Boss WP-20g.  I'm waiting for
my 12-string to come back from having its GK-3 pickup installed.
I've got all the other gear just sitting here driving me crazy.)

Laptop Setup #2

        17" Powerbook 1.67 Mhz, 1.5 Gigs RAM (running Ableton Live 5
& various soft synths)
        Internal soundcard (aargh!  Currently considering either Echo
I/O or Echo DJ)
        Alesis Photon X25 USB MIDI controller
        Faderfox LV-1 MIDI Fader Module

I tend to use either Live's built-in recording or Expert Sleepers'
Augustus Loop as my looping software.

        --m.

--
_______
"If Television is a babysitter, then the Internet is a drunk