Re: Electrix Filter King vs. Queen

At 11:01 PM -0500 3/23/06, David Kirkdorffer wrote:
>  > What's the difference between the Electrix Filter King and the
>Electrix
>  > Filter Queen?
>
>size, if I remember - 1/2 rack vs. full rack, right?

Yep, two rack space half-rack size (huh?) for the Filter Queen, and
two rack space full-size for the Filter Factory.

And MIDI.  The Filter Factory has it, while it's lacking on the
Filter Queen.  The I/O is a bit different too, I think.  The Filter
Factory has additional RCA jacks for the DJ market, and the Filter
Queen has a footpedal jack for something like an EV-5 to manually
sweep the filter.  I don't know if those features are mirrored on
both units or not.

Also, one of the reviewers on Sonicstate claimed there was a
difference in character between the two (but didn't elaborate).  It's
analog, though, so you could probably just as well claim that there's
a difference in character between two individual Filter Factories, or
two Filter Queens.

Both the manuals are online at
http://www.electrixpro.com/support/manuals.html , so you can verify
the configurations for certain.  But, overall, I don't think there's
a whole lotta difference between the two, especially if MIDI is not a
differentiating factor for you.

        --m.

--
_______