Re: Re: Quick question about Vortex

>With ShadowA I got the same behavior as Mark:  one side out only (I
>assume it was the left, but can't remember how I have things wired
>up just now.)  This is very easy for me to spot with the Vortex as
>my piezos go through one side, my magnetics through the other and
>they have very different tonal qualities.  On ShadowA I only got
>magnetics (spread to both L&R outputs, I believe).  Switching to
>piezos resulted in no sound at all.

Right, so Vortex is taking just one input and sending it to both sides.
I'd understood Mark's comments differently, but you're also saying
"one side out only",
so I guess that's a match ;-)
(originally I interpreted that as hearing sound from one speaker only)

probably Mark is happily playing now and ignoring us.

>As you say, this is very strange.  I wouldn't have expected this at
>all and the manual makes no mention of it and in fact implies just
>the opposite.  I'm willing to label this a Vortex bug as I can't
>imagine it was designed this way.

Wonder what happens if Shadow A is put into a different register.

So far, I didn't find a complex piece of gear without bugs.

andy