tuba loopage example/samples

Raw work in progress on an as-yet-unnamed project that I thought I'd
share: I'm working with a tuba player, live looping and effects
processing the loops I'm capturing from a mic inside the bell of his
tuba. This is not finished, we're still exploring the range of sounds we
can get from a tuba with and without processing.

http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_1_26mar2006-mp3.mp3

http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_2_26mar2006-mp3.mp3

http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_3_26mar2006-mp3.mp3

Ok, gear babble:

In summary, I have one looper device at the top of the signal chain, then
lots of effects, then three loopers at the end of the signal chain.
Sometimes capturing at the top then processing and passing it to an
end-of-chain looper, sometimes tweaking the processing and capturing in an
end looper.

* mic'd tuba >
        (instrument)
* Akai Headrush E1 >
        (upstream looper)
* Z-Vex Seek Wah > Z-Vex Ooh Wah > Z-Vex Seek Trem > Moogerfooger lowpass
filter > MF ring mod > MF phaser > MF MuRF > MF Bass MuRF > MF analog
delay (104) > MF analog delay (104SD) > H&K Replex >
        (effects block)
* E-H 16 sec digital delay reissue > Digitech Jamman > Boss RC-20 (non-XL)

        (three downstream loopers)
amp
        (duh :) )

What's not captured in the above samples is his live playing and
soloing over the looped and processed samples.

later,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html