interface for laptop musicians

As a late post to the "audio interface for laptop musicians" thread: I
think nobody did mention RME's (new) Fireface 400.

Features/properties at a glance:
9.5`` 1HE
8 analogue ons:
        2 Micpres (eletronically controlled)
        2 Line ins (switchable Hi/Lo Z, adjustable gain)
        4 Line ins (-10/+4/+19dBu) (all line ins symmetrical)
8 analogue outs:
        6 line outs (symmetrical) switchable -10/+4
        channel 7/8: headphones
digital i/o
        S/PDIF coax (up to 192kHz)
        S/PDIF optical or ADAT I/O
        Wordclock I/O
MIDI
        2 I/O pairs
standalone capability, internal mixer controllable via MIDI
power supply: either via Firewire or with included 100-240V SPS
Price: they don't list one. I haven't seen a store which carries it yet.
But I remember a clerk telling me some months ago about an upcoming
"smaller Fireface" with a price "round €600".

Mhmm...looks tempting, especially the stand-alone features.