Re: News From Electrix

At 11:40 PM -0700 4/21/06, Zoe Keating wrote:
>i'm just going to wait patiently!!! a few more months won't kill me.
>i'm not mad at them because...
>
>1) i still love my cute lil blinky repeaters, nothing else can do
>what they do, and electrix made them (even if i am worried my
>repeaters are going to kick the bucket at any minute, hence my
>switch to the looperlative).

Yep, that's pretty much where I am.  I can afford to be optimistic,
because it don't cost me nothing.  If they finally release the MkII,
it'll be good, and I'll get one (and/or the upgrade for my original
Repeater).  But I'm not going to die if Electrix evaporates tomorrow
and the MkII never comes out.

In the meantime, I've got my MkI and I've got an LP-1 waiting for me
when I finally get home next week.  The Looperlative is gonna have
more than enough cool things to keep me busy for quite a while.  :)

>p.s. maybe i'm feeling this way because i just walked out of the
>apple store with a brand new macbook! i took my powerbook in to the
>genius bar this morning, showed them the scrambled video and pointed
>to my case history (2 logic board replacements where everything
>other than the hard drive was replaced). without me even asking,
>they took back the powerbook and gave me full credit towards
>anything in the store. i have to upgrade all my apps, but i'm pretty
>happy...

Sweet!  Was this through the retailer or through Apple themselves?
Unfortunately, I've had similar circumstances and taken them directly
through Apple, whose Support team instructed me to buy a new computer
(no credit, no nothin').  There's an argument for using a good
retailer rather than buying direct.

        --m.
--
_______