Re: Macbook Pro users?

On 5 maj 2006, at 14.04, Stuart Wyatt wrote:

> One thing I have read is that OSX x86 cannot be run off of a
> partition of a drive - it needs a full sepeate hard disk. I did
> read this on a site though where someone was setting up OSX x86 on
> an IBM centrino machine, so I'm not sure if this is also valid for
> true macbook pro's.
> What this would mean is that you could not have WinXP and OSX on
> the same machine, unless you connect an external HD or fit a second
> internal one.

I doubt that's relevant. Running x86 (a OSX hack) on a machine with
hardware normally suitable for Windows is not the same as running
Windows XP on a machine from Apple normally suited for OS X (like the
Macbook Pro). This is the way to go:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen