Re: [OT] receptor (was Re: Macbook Pro users?)

 > On May 6, 2006, at 9:20 AM, mech wrote:

 > But now that I think about it: has anybody ever tried running Mobius
 > on one of these things?!?

Mobius will not run on the Receptor.  The receptor OS is Linux, it
can only run "pure" VSTs that make no assumptions about the OS.  For
several reasons Mobius has to access some Windows services directly
which means that even though it is a VST, it can only run on Windows.

It should run fine on an Intel Mac running XP with Bootcamp.  To
my knowledge no one has ever verified this, but the fact that Ableton
Live runs on Mac/XP is a good sign.  But Bootcamp is a relatively new
thing (still in beta I think) so there may be some kinks that will
be discovered and fixed over the next few months.

This page has a list of some of the known issues.  None of these
seem to be related to audio applications, but you should review
them before you buy.

One thing I noticed is that Mac/XP does not support the Apple
bluetooth keyboard and mouse so if you were planning on buying a Mini
to use with your existing bluetooth devices, you will have to buy
new wired devices.

I'm planning to buy an Intel Mac in the next few months and will do
what I
can to make Mobius run on it.  But I can't say for certain it will
work right now.

Jeff