Re: Ebow distortion

Used one on the record I'm doing with my daughter for Universal and EVERYONE loves it. Young folks say, "Pink Floyd". Fogeys say, "Ah! What IS that sound? The Ebow! I love it!" I think I used it on a Strat through my little Panaramic (Magnatone) amp (no stomp boxes etc) and it screams. Mic'd with TLM 103 - front/Sennheiser 421-back on the amp. Works on acoustic really well too... but you have to fiddle with the location on the string. Different guitars want different placement of the ebow. Some like it right up by the neck. Some take a while to get resonating.

And it is OUTRAGEOUS with slide. On a resonator guitar you can get harmonics that are totally offworld.

On the new ones there are two settings - one for cleaner and one for harmonics. I almost always use the harmonic setting.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846