Re: 4 String Bass or 5 String Bass

Compelling?  Lower notes!  I personally got a 4.....but I am a
minimalist by nature.  If you want the really low tones got with 5
string.....depends on the music and such.  5 strings are a little
harder to play.  My suggestion go to a music store and play a 5 string
than play a 4 string....see what you like better and if you really
need that low B.  I was debating between 5 and 4 for awhile and went
with 4.  However if you are considering a bass for looping 5 might be
nice to have a little wider tonal range.  I use my bass for strictly
recording and jamming....looping is all about the guitar for me.
later.