Re: Ditching lopperlative version 2

Thanks Stuart.  I couldn't have said it better.

The interesting thing is that I read every one of
Stuart's Repeater rants back in the day.  While what
he was saying about it was true, it didn't hold true
for me and I became a supporter of the Repeater (and
still am)  But his rants helped me as I hope my rants
would help others.  I try to present balanced
information and preface everything with "this has been
my experience because I am trying to do..."

Maybe you are trying to do something else.  I hope you
are!  This is a great time for loopers.  Lots of
products available.  Bob sold out his first run and
I'm sure he'll continue to sell out.  I've heard great
music coming from people using the Looperlative.  I've
heard equally good music coming from people using the
EDP and the Repeater.  Hell, I've seen great sets by
guys using old boss delay pedals for looping.

As it is I *have* a looper.  I was looking for
something that worked in a specific way to do
something else.  I thought the LP-1 was going to come
to me that way.  It didn't.  Is that bad?  Nope.  It
just is what it is.  Perhaps it will one day work like
I'd expect it to.  I'm just not sure if I'm in the
mood to wait.  I'm kind of an impatient mother fucker.
 Once the money's left my account I want to learn the
new box and get on with making music.  I'll fully
admit to my personality flaw.

On that note, my soon-to-be-wife asked me, "well what
would you do if this was something made by a big
company that you bought at the Guitar Center?"  Fair
question.  First off, if this was a Boss or Lexicon
product there would have been a more complete (and
probably horribily translated!) manual posted for me
to read before I even touched the device.  Second, a
trip to my local shop would have let me try it out to
see if it worked as I thought it would.  Had it not, I
would have just left.  Had I taken it home I could
have made a quick trip back for a refund.

I only wrote Mark T back because he specifically ased
for a chance to get it.  I imagine because he's eager
to get one before the next production run.  I thought
it would be nice to give him that chance.