Re: Looperlative price...

On 8 May 2006, at 21:46, paulrichard10@adelphia.net wrote:

> The solution, then, is to turn the technology over to, uh, ZOOM for
> maybe a cool million bucks, sell them for $599.99 then, mass
> produce them so we can get the looper elites to shut the hell up.

Except Zoom wouldn't pay a million for something like the LP1, and
there's no way on earth that they were provide the kind of ongoing
support and development that makes the LP1 so attractive to those of
us that are using it. When did Zoom last turn round a request for a
product feature into a downloadable software upgrade, for free, in
less than a week? I'm guessing that it's never happened, and never will.

And anyway, Zoom are free to make their own high-spec looper if they
think it'll sell in the kind of quantities needed to warrant the kind
of development needed to get a box like that to work. Ask Kim or
Matthias about the time and effort they put into getting the various
version of the EDP software together. Months and Months of effort,
and decades of knowledge. No-one's recouping millions from that
investment. Sadly.

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site
www.stevelawson.net/store/ - shop