Re: bass and strum stick tunings

Okay, the tuning I was thinking of is D A D G A D.  I call this the Kashmir tuning as that's how I first learned it.  I believe this is also the tuning for White Summer/Black Mountain side and a host of other songs.  On the No Quarter/Unledded album, I'm able to play about half the songs in this tuning including the deliciously slow and slinky version of Nobody's Fault But Mine that opens it up.

This is another tuning with great drone potential, though the fingerings are a bit spidery thanks to that G string.  On occasion I've just tuned that right up to A, in unison with the 2nd string.  It gives the fingers a break, but you obviously lose that Sus4 underlying resonance.

Another one that I haven't played with much is the Friends tuning, C G C G C E.  I just found it on a quick look-up and I'm surprised how close it is to the Rain Song.  I'll have to play with that one tonight. :)

Drone on,
Todd