Sooperlooper and Jack (was: Re: Buying a laptop for Mobius)

Last night I finally got Sooperlooper working on my
Mac G4.  First with Jack.  Seemed to work fine, no
feedback loop.  Mark, are you sure you don't have
something hooked up oddly?  I got it working perfectly
but I didn't try getting the MIDI router thing
running.

Then I attempted (again) to use it with Digital
Performer 4.6.  VERY frustrating!  No matter how I set
Jack up it seemed that Sooperlooper wouldn't see any
audio at all... Then, in a weird fit of exasperation,
I disconnected Jack... and then it worked!  Perfectly.
 Got audio and sync straight from Digital Performer
just like you'd think it would work if you hadn't been
reading instructions!

So.  I was able to get two synced loops running nicly
from within Digital Performer.  Really I was on my way
to bed so I didn't spend a lot of time trying to break
it, but it seemed to hold sync for as long as it takes
me to brush my teeth and floss.  Damn my human body
and it's biological need for sleep!

I guess it's time to visit Jesse's Donate link and
paypal him some cash.  Seems worth it for sure.