Re: EWI

I am a YAmaha WX7 player, but got a chance to check out the EWI4000s at the NAMM show in January. I didn't get to actually blow on it, but I held it and tried out the keys. Very cool roller octave keys! Those are nicer than on any of the Yamahas. I still find it hard to get used to the other non-moving touch keys. People who play EWIs all say that after you get used to them they are faster than regular keys, but I dunno. Maybe I'll get a 4000s at some point, but I would mostly use it to drive my Reaktor sounds and probably wouldn't use the internal synth at all.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net