Re: RE: tube preamp VST plugin?

--- Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net> wrote:

> Okay, I'll try all the recommends you all sent me,
> except for the
> hardware...no hardware. I'm done with it. It's me,
> my guitar, and my laptop.

I see your point and I feel your pain, trust me, but
by going all software don't you tend to increase
latency to a point where it starts getting noticable?
My latest experiements with computer generated effects
have all been with the laptop being in an effects loop
so my direct sound is still only being processed by a
dedicated hardware preamp.  I'm sure it has it's own
degree of latency, but nothing I notice.  I guess I'm
just curious as to how well totally abandoning
dedicated hardware actually works in the real world.

Mark