Re: OT: Morphine and two saxes?

I know that Morphine definitely had settled on a name by 1990 - as I'd see
them play regularly back then at The Middle East Restaurant, in Cambridge
MA.  Their first record -- GOOD -- references "Billy Conway replaces Jerome
Dupree all live gigs 1991..."  As I played with Jerry Dupree in a band a
few
years later, I can attest to the fact that Mark Sandman and Jerry Dupree
came at life from *very* different visions.  Zooming forward many summers
later... a friend of mine delivered the news of Mark's death to his
girlfriend while on holiday.   Bad, sad scene.  When Sandman died, he took
with him a bit of the soul that had existed in the Cambridge / Boston music
scene.

Good, the first Morphine album,  is a bit on the dry side but well worth
picking up.  At the time, they nothing sounded like else.  When King
Crimson
and Morphine were both playing the HORDE festival tour, I remember Trey
Gunn
making a comment that he was looking forward to seeing Morphine play "..to
see how they do it.." or words to that effect.

Have a lucky day

David Kirkdorffer