Re: mixer board suggestions D8B

A friend (in Florida) is selling his Mackie D8B. They're wonderful mixers... . and they digitize (convert) your material. All automated, nice sounding compression and EQ and effects built in. I recently finished my daughter's CD using one (only outboard for mixing was a Lexicon 200 and Roland Dimension D!) and I've gotten great reviews from folks who've heard it all. Some 'knowledgable" folks say the AD/DA converters ain't so hot. Well, "It's the best sounding unmastered CD I've ever heard!" My daughter's manager said that... and he has worked with very big name artists and hears dozens of demos and finished CDs a day. "Very rich sound" A&R folks, Universal Music.

We did use a Lavry 4496 AD for the output... which was kind of cheating. But the sound had to be there in the first place for the Lavry to capture!

I don't know what Irwin is asking for his but they can be had for pretty cheap considering what they do. I saw one on ebay where the seller was trying to get $1500 U.S. bucks and got NO bidders. Blows my mind. Metallica STILL uses one for their monitor mixes live. They say it's so they can go from stadium to stadium and never have to worry about their monitor mix - it's ALWAYS there. When new they cost around $10,000 USD.

The only bomb is they don't do 88.2, 96, 192 etc.

12 mic in/phantom
24 line in (all converted to 44.1 or 48 digital)
24 digital returns
24 internal effects returns
more stuff I'm forgetting

Very hard to beat. But it's kind of BIG! If you're interested I'll give you Irwin's email address.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846