Re: AW: RME PCI cardbus vs Firewire

My personal experience tells me that PCI is always faster than USB or
Firewire.
i guess it's just closer to the CPU that way, less conversion going
on. wether we like to admit it or not A to D is a conversion step and
firewire/usb to whatever app is also a conversion step. same on the
way out. and using PCI seems to minimize the middlemen conversion steps.

As far as USB vs. Firewire.....

i think sharing is a big problem. Firewire drives on the same bus as
the interface, or even keyboards, mice, etc... on the USB.

It's news to me (but not a surprise) that the mac USB 2
implementation is dodgy. I have never had good luck with low latency
using USB2 interfaces on my macs.

- b