looping with a laptop update? (offlist)

Hey man

I've been reading your every post and I must say I
feel your pain.  Man have I spent some time wrestling
with computers/gear.  I know how it can be.  There in
lies madness...

Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure out your
distortion/clicking issue even if it means a total
reinstall.  Sounds like a lot of work but think of the
work/time you've already spent looking for the issue.

I'm still mulling getting a Thinkpad myself.  Mr.
Looperlative is not giving me any love (still not) and
as attractive as the Macbooks are, the fact that it
seems like it could be a long time before a lot of
apps are written for it natively, is scary.  I'd hate
to get a machine that's for AIM and web surfing until
stuff gets converted!

I just wanted to ask how you felt before the clicking
issue.  Were you loving the laptop looping rig as many
do?  Per can't say enough good stuff about it.  I
admit I had a hard time getting it working, but
perhaps it's just a matter of getting a good host to
run it as a vst and sending sync to my drums, not
getting sync from another machine as I was trying to
do.  In the end it makes little difference, I just
want it to WORK.

I'm sure you just want your stuff to work right now
too.  Good luck my friend.  I'm watching your battle
and learning...

Mark