From: Jeff Shirkey [mailto:jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 10:48 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Some info about the Repeater mk2 (not much, though :)

> fare enough, but I'd point the finger at the mail order music
> supply shops
> of the world like the vaunted Alto Music, who took your money or
> someone
> else's, not Electrix, they aren't seeing a penny of that money I'd
> wager.
> And shame on those same retailers who took your money knowing
> electrix's
> history of late delivery.

Maybe. I see both sides of the issue. Sounds like you have quite a
bit of direct experience with these issues, so I'll defer to you on
this one. But I don't think that the retailer I ordered through was
out to get my money knowing that Electrix couldn't deliver. I suppose
I put the blame *more* on Electrix than you apparently do. They are
the ones who announced the products and gave the retailers estimated
ship dates, after all.
But I still see your point.

> Don't get your hopes up, and realize that companies like this are
> not about
> announcing their cash flow issues, software issues, EU code issues or
> otherwise.

True. Then they should have been much more cautious about announcing
their new product line. But that only goes to your point about how
they may be poor business people, no matter how good their intentions
and no matter how good they may be at the imaginative/creative end of
things.

Personally I'm not worked up about this. If I get a new Repeater,
great. If I don't, that's okay too. And, at some point, I'll have to
decide if I want my $150 down payment back. The only reason I haven't
gotten the refund yet is because I fear that *if* they should finally
start shipping, I'd then be left out. In other words, better to keep
my place in line than not. Shrug...

Jeff