NYC (Park Slope) gig spam: Lambic at Barbes TONIGHT, Thursday at 7 pm--early show

Hi, everyone,

I'm sure some of you are looking forward to seeing Maceo Parker open up the Celebrate Brooklyn summer concert series at Prospect Park this Thursday, June 15th. We are very excited to be opening up for him, albiet at a satellite location just a couple of blocks away at 9th street and 6th avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn at Barbes, a great neighborhood bar that also has one of the best music scenes in New York. This show is an early one, 7 pm to 8 pm so all of you who couldn't make our later shows, this one is for you.

So here's the plan: arrive this Thursday by 7 pm to Barbes (376 9th Street, corner of 6th avenue, in Park Slope) to catch our set, then continue straight up 9th street 3 more blocks to the Prospect Park bandshell (and we'll be right there behind you). With all the opening festivities and hoopla (Marty Markowitz,--need I say more?), Maceo won't take the stage until close to 9 pm, and our set finishes promptly before 8 pm. Avoid the boring speeches and catch LAMBIC instead!! We're still kind of new at Barbes and we'd like to get a good turnout like last time, so PLEASE come, and bring friends! From our myspace page http://myspace.com/lambic - Lambic is a style of Belgian ale that is spontaneously fermented from wild yeasts. Lambic is also a band featuring Sullivan on guitars and effects, and Stephen Moses on drums, trombone, and effects. Lambic is spontaneously fermented music, free improvisation with a groove. For our loop-minded friends, looping tools include boomerangs, dl-4's, and PDS-8000