In trouble now...

Well, I won an auction for an almost new FBC1010 this morning for under
120 USD after shipping.  Woohoo!  I had the cash saved up, and almost
ordered a brand new one about a week ago, but at my wife's request, I put
off ordering for a few days "just in case something comes up."  When I saw
this one going so cheap, it seemed that her better judgment had paid off
in the form of cash.  But as fate would have it, no sooner had I committed
the cash elsewhere than a tire on my car decided to explode.  We have a
small emergency fund for things like this, so we're OK, but that's not
going to stop the inevitable "I told you so" coming my way as soon as she
gets off of work.  And with a baby on the way, it's going to sting...

I've never felt simultaneous excited anticipation and dread over the
purchase of gear before... woohoo!

--Josh