Re: Cooking a song

thanks for the advice...

I think it's a principle that's very common in almnost every composition, transforming motives and using them again etc...

but what i'm looking for is people who do this live solo, with the help of live-sampling techniques...
& by this way taking the "looping" idea one step further...?

greets Thomas

2006/6/21, a k butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>:
At 11:00 21/06/2006, you wrote:
>use other compositorial techniques?
>so not "building up" loop on loop, but for example playing back a
>little melody that was played 3 minutes ago, on a different tempo,
>so it just fits with the rythm played 5 minutes ago while the vocals
>are played backward again... in this way "cooking" a song.

J.S. Bach for starters.
The Art of Fugue

andybutler